Dealing with varicose veins can be embarrassing and painful. No one wants to deal with varicose veins because they prevent them from feeling comfortable in certain clothing. Although most people know they have vein problems, there are some subtle signs that can alert a person before they even see any outward signs.
Signs of Varicose Veins
There are a few signs that can begin to occur when a person is suffering from varicose veins. Ignoring these signs will only cause the damage to continue and worsen. If the following are noticed, treatment should be sought right away.
- Many individuals experience a feeling of heaviness in their legs. This is often caused by blood pooling in the lower legs and causing swelling.
- Individuals will notice they experience a deep ache within their legs due to the pressure of swelling.
- A person will also notice they have a restless feeling in their legs when they have varicose veins.
- Discoloration will often occur with varicose veins. The veins will become dark purple.
- The veins will become twisted and gnarled when they are becoming diseased.
What Treatments Are Available?
Sclerotherapy is the main mode of treatment for varicose veins. The treatment is not overly painful and there is no major downtime to go through. First, the area is viewed under ultrasound so the doctor will be able to carefully guide the needle into the proper vein. An irritant is injected into the vein and this causes it to begin to collapse. Once a vein has collapsed, the body will begin to absorb the vein material.
Treatment can help individuals overcome their vein problems so their legs can be made clear. These treatments are carried out in the doctor’s office and do not cause any major discomfort for the patient.
If you are in need of treatment for your vein issues and would like further information visit veinhealth.com.au. Call the office today and they will be happy to schedule your appointment to get started. With a consultation appointment, you can learn which vein treatment option will be best for you. Allow them to take care of your vein issues today.